Online Banking Security
When you Logon to Business e-Banking
- Always access our Business e-Banking by keying in the website address (www.hangseng.com) at the address bar of the browser. Never gain access via hyperlinks embedded in emails, unknown sources such as pop-up windows or search results from internet search engines.
- Avoid opening additional internet browsers sessions when your internet banking session is open.
- If you encounter slow response or unusual screen pop-up, log out from Business e-Banking immediately and scan your computer with the most updated anti-virus software.
- Always check the last logon date and time after logging in your Business e-Banking.
- Avoid conducting banking transactions or check account balances from a public terminal.
- Always log off properly and close the browser after you have finished using e-Banking Services. Never leave your e-Banking session unattended while using Hang Seng e-Banking Services.
- If any unauthorized logon activity, suspicious logon behavior or website is found, please contact the Bank immediately at (852) 2198 8000.
Install Firewall and Anti-Virus Protection
- Ensure your computer or mobile device has updated firewall and anti-virus software installed. The software should be updated regularly to protect you against new hacking attempts.
- Never open email attachments or URLs unless you know they are from a safe and reputable source.
- To protect your computer against viruses and online threats, an end-point security solution - Webroot SecureAnywhere will be available for free download after logon.
Safeguard Your Passwords
- Change your password on a regular basis, at least every 60 days.
- Keep your password confidential. Do not write down or reveal your password to anyone. Our Bank staff will never ask for your password.
- Avoid using your birthday, name, ID card number, telephone number or other similar numbers as your password.
Making Online Payment
- Always notify the Bank to update the contact information if there is any change in mobile phone number.
- Review the payment details sent via SMS and contact our Bank immediately for any suspicion.
- Review transaction records or statements regularly. Report to the bank if suspicious transaction is found.
- Set up dual authorisation control will provide extra protection for your online transactions.
Business e-Banking Security Features